The Carolina Institute for Developmental Disabilities at UNC
The Carolina Institute includes:

Training required for School Psychologists

In North Carolina, in order to work in the schools as a school psychologist, one must have a degree (e.g., M.A., Ed.S., CAS or Ph.D.) in the field of school psychology specifically. There are five programs in NC offering different levels of degrees. They are:

School Psychology Programs in North Carolina

Licensure/Certification Information


Job Vacancies in NC Public Schools »
Salary Schedules in NC Public Schools
While there is a state salary schedule, individual districts may offer a local supplement. Information about local supplements is available through the human resource departments of individual districts.

For more information, contact:
Lynn K. Makor, MA, CAGS
Consultant for School Psychology
NC Department of Public Instruction/Carolina Institute for Developmental Disabilities


NC DPI School Psychology

Join the Listserv:
DPI School Psychology Listserv

Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Copyright 2019 The Carolina Institute for Developmental Disabilities
Home  |  Services  |  Education  |  Research  |  For Families  |  About Us  |  Support The Institute  |  Contact Us  |